Lake Worth, FL -- 5 Players from the 2018-19 Men's Basketball Team have signed letters of intent to continue their playing careers at NCAA schools.
Below is a synopsis of the players, their careers at Palm Beach State, and information on the schools they are heading to.
We here at Palm Beach State Athletics wish the 5 fine young men well and have no doubt they will have success in their future endeavors!
Malik Curry: 6'1'' | Point Guard
- Malik Curry signed with Old Dominion University in the Spring of 2019. Curry has played his last two years at Palm Beach State College. Curry averaged 21.9 ppg, 5.9 rpg, and 6.3 apg and was named Southern Conference Player of the Year, All-Southern Conference First Team, and NJCAA Second Team All-American. Old Dominion is a NCAA Division 1 Institution and is a member of Conference USA. Old Dominion finished the 2018-19 season at 26-9 overall, and 13-5 in C-USA play. ODU won the C-USA Regular Season and Tournament Championships and finished the season with a loss to Purdue in the NCAA Tournament.
Zachary Mogbo: 6'7'' | Forward
- Zachary Mogbo recently signed with Utah Valley University and has 2 years left to play at the NCAA level. Mogbo played 2 years with Palm Beach. As a Freshman, Mogbo played in 19 games averaging 3.6 ppg and 2.9 rpg. This past year, Mogbo missed much of the season due to injury but still managed to appear in 15 games and average 5.8 ppg and nearly 5 rpg. Utah Valley University is an NCAA Division I institution that competes in the Western Athletic Conference or "WAC". Utah Valley finished 25-10, including an impressive 12-4 conference record. Their season ended with a loss to the University of Southern Florida in the College Basketball Invitational.
Darrick Boyd 5'10" | Guard
- Darrick Boyd signed with Post University (CT) in the Spring of 2019 where he spent his previous 2 years prior to Palm Beach State for both his Redshirt Freshman and Freshman seasons. Boyd averaged 9.1 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.8 apg while maintaining a 3pt% of 36.7 in his lone season at Palm Beach State and was named to the All Southern Conference First Team. Post University (CT) is a NCAA Division 2 Institution and is a member of the Central Athletic Collegiate Conference (CACC). Post University (CT) finished the 2018-19 season with a 10-18 overall record, and a 7-12 record in conference play.
Miles James: 6'6'' | Guard
- Miles James signed with East Carolina University in the Spring of 2019 to join their Men's Basketball Program. James recently finished his first and only season at Palm Beach State College as he is eligible to leave as a 3-year Qualifier. James averaged 12.2 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.8 apg and was named to the All-Southern Conference First Team. East Carolina is a NCAA Division 1 Institution and is a member of the American Athletic Conference. ECU Head Coach Joe Dooley recently finished his first season in his second stint at ECU. The ECU Men's Basketball Program finished the 2018-19 season with an overall record of 10-21 and 3-15 record in American Conference play.
David Didenko: 6'8'' | Forward
- Didenko signed with the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) in the Fall of 2018. Didenko recently finished his first and only season at Palm Beach State College as he is eligible to leave as a 3-year Qualifier. Didenko averaged 3.8 ppg and 3.4 rpg in his lone season at Palm Beach State College. Georgia Tech is a NCAA Division 1 Institution and is a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference. Georgia Tech finished the 2018-19 season with an overall record of 14-18 and 6-12 in conference play.